Sunday 22 July 2012

PD at Hotel Margarita


Every year the Canadian team hosts a Saturday professional development day for the teachers at one of the local hotels.   The Canadians were kind enough to invite us as well.  This year they decided on the Hotel Margherita.  The day pampers the teachers while also providing professional development.  Jenna and I attended and really enjoyed the day.

At about 11 o’clock the teachers arrived and we started with spiced milk tea, samosa and coffee cakes.  After the snack we started with literacy development, the teachers were broken up into different groups depending on the grade they teach.  The group I worked with did mostly imagery development.  Next we broke for lunch.  I got to try both the veggie curry and garlic chicken.  Then after lunch we worked on math games focusing on different ways to use cards, dice and dominoes. 

Jenna and I looking smart.

Getting started with tea.

The teachers at Rwentutu!!

Pamela, Me, Margaret, and Jenna!

My co-teachers and I!

The ladies looking great!

Happy!

Just cause were doing PD doesn't me we don't have fun too!

The day was wonderful.  It was so nice to spend a day with all of the teachers away from school.  The atmosphere of the PD session was very festive, like a party.  It was very different than the atmosphere of other PD sessions I’ve attended.  At the end of the P.D. the Canadian team gave the teachers a bonus, which was greatly appreciated because the teachers have not been paid since June.

No comments:

Post a Comment