Sunday 8 July 2012

King Fisher


The view of QVNP from King Fisher.

Last weekend Jenna and I were hoping to go to the Eagles production concert.   We listen to their music everyday on the way to school and I really like it (Edson LOVES them). Unfortunately due to some drama and miscommunication we were unable to go.  Fortunately the weekend improved significantly on Sunday when Jenna and I went to King Fisher, a Lodge about an hour an a half away from Kasese.  We took a mini-taxi bus to the lodge and for about 5,000 Ugandan shillings.  On our way we drove through Queen Elizabeth National Park for at least 40 minutes and we saw a herd of 20-30 elephants!  On our way home we saw the same herd of elephants but this time they were right next to the road!  We also saw water buffalo, kob, and antelope!  Unfortunately I wasn’t able to take a picture, mini-taxi buses are crammed with as many people as possible and getting my camera out of my bag was not an option. However on the mini-taxi bus we met a man who worked at King Fisher and he helped make sure we got off at the right spot and walked us right to the pool.  

The view from King Fisher is one of the most amazing views I’ve ever seen.  It is located on a mountain above Queen Victoria National Park, so the view is of the entire park. 


As usual the haze makes the photo not live up to the real life view.  It was amazing.

Once we arrived we indulged in some very good chicken sandwiches and MILKSHAKES!  They had avocado milkshakes, which Jenna was brave enough to get.  I tried it, it was okay but I preferred my banana milkshake.  However, it was a little weird to have a milk shake that wasn’t very cold. 
We ate our lunch under one of these thatched umbrellas :)
The pools were amazing and Jenna and I plan to visit again, maybe even for my birthday!  It is twice as expensive as the Kasese pool, but worth every shilling.


No comments:

Post a Comment